DayZ Mod: Updated for 1.8

by alayton at 11:49pm

A new DayZ mod update was released, which means it's time for some updates here. The biggest addition to the game this time is the introduction of a crafting system. Here's a quick list of some of the things that can be crafted already:

On top of crafting, you can now also use Fishing Poles to fish in the sea. This is pretty great, because if you catch a Tuna, you can cook it to get a Tuna (cooked), which gives 2000 blood when eaten.

This is far from a comprehensive list of changes — you can find that here. Still waiting on standalone!

Comments

+4-
By CzechThis on 2013/09/21 at 2:05am

Thanks for the update! There is one issue I cant solve - on the map there is no loot spawn for main rotor assembly and I also couldnt find in the game - is there a recipe for crafting or is it a bug?

+1-
By tehsaccade on 2013/09/21 at 5:30pm

MRA now only spawns at heli crash sites and in the large, green airfield hangers

+1-
By AvalPlaza on 2013/09/23 at 6:08pm

Nice to see an update in here. I cared to sign up and say thx on behalf of probably 100s of users every day. The fishing poles can be found along the coast under tipped boats and in boathouses (Skalisty Island, Otmel) and spawn chance is 0.01% (extremely rare). The vehicle spawns really need to be updated, as they are not accurate anymore.

Edited by AvalPlaza on 2013/09/24
+1-
By StarScream2142 on 2013/09/24 at 6:47am

I love the patch so far.

Weapon spawn rate in Stary camp is crazy, you can actually find food in the markets now. I still see zombies strafing left and right when they run for you but it's not as intense as before.

The new layout for the gear menu is a really nice change for the eye, very nicely done and at last we can carry a melee weapon and a firearm at the same time!

IMPORTANT DETAIL: If you have a main weapon equiped and want to pick a melee weapon off the floor, I suggest you go to your gear menu and swap the main weapon to your ''carrying'' slot BEFORE you pick the melee weapon up.

Last time I didn't and it ''swaped'' my rifle with a machete, but the rifle did not drop on the ground, neither did the mags, all was destroyed and i was left with a machete to fight off a zombie horde.

+3-
By Oklany on 2013/09/25 at 1:40pm

Crafting is a really good idea! I was waiting this since a long time! But we can't craft burning arrows (for exemple arrow+box of match+toilet paper or arrow+flare) It would be really fun and the crossbow would become more usefull. I'm waiting for more craft, and i'm enjoying this update.

Good job guys, your work make this game better at every update!

Edited by Oklany on 2013/09/25
+0-
By PhillyJoker on 2013/09/26 at 10:15pm

What happened to Main Rotor Assemblies? Allegedly they don't spawn anywhere now.

+1-
By MrKibblemuncher on 2013/09/27 at 10:11pm

If anyone is wondering how to craft items watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVj-RCQXGac . The audio quality may be bad but it works :) the main rotaries spawn in the big, green hangers.

If you have a melee weapon equipped you can pick up another weapon e.g. M4A1 and a M24

Edited by MrKibblemuncher on 2013/09/27
+1-
By kalevi123 on 2013/10/13 at 4:21pm

Nice changes and I really like that spawning system! But I hope, next patch, or in standalone version, weapons are more powerful. Like old times. I don't like always waste my all ammo to one zombie. Nice job anyway! DayZ makes me goose bumps!

Edited by kalevi123 on 2013/10/13
+1-
By Ignation on 2013/12/08 at 8:36am

hey I'm new here where I can dowloand this game?