The Road to Success by wrongwaygoback at Dec 29, 2013 2:23pm
In the short time that i have had to experience the new DayZ Standalone alpha, i have had two characters. The first in which i spawned on the beach near Kamarovo to be greeted at gunpoint by clown masked men with Mosin rifles. The second, i grew quite fond of, finding a can opener and some tuna as i walked into my first house, to now, where i have my winter cargo pants, M4A1 and gas mask. I never thought i'd see the day.
I want to help you on your road to success with a quick route in which to follow so that you can gear up and be ready to fight the apocalypse.
This map is where the directions are based off.
- Firstly, you will need precision spawning as you will start your journey at Kamenka where you can gather minimal items that will allow you to reach the next village.
- Make your way due north, stopping by the military base if you feel it is necessary, however it could be quite dangerous as there are many other players that find this an easy spot to target. Otherwise, continue north to Pavlovo.
- Once you have reached Pavlovo, gather more items from buildings and stop by a water well located at the north centre of the town.
- Follow the road north to Zelenogorsk, get as many supplies as possible from the supermarket, neighbouring houses and military confinement as you will then run NNE until you hit another military base just SE of Vybor.
- From that military base, you can choose to head straight north to the NWAF. Otherwise you can head straight south, back down to Kozlovka and follow the SE road to Chernogorsk for player interaction.
- By now you should be set for survival, atleast for a few hours, food supplies and water are your only weakness. You will need to continue searching for those. A great way to keep your water levels up are to find water canisters.
Unfortunately right now, as the game is only in it's alpha version, you can only acquire three weapons, the M4A1 and the Mosin Rifle are the more commonly found ones in military bases. Equipment you should definitely be going after are water and food as this is key to survival. Try and collect the biggest bags possible and clothes that contain the most slots as carrying food will be extremely helpful. A nice fireman's axe will clear zombies with one nice blow.
Some extra tips:
- A good way to start the game with a backup in case you do get hit by a zombie and start bleeding is to immediately take your shirt off and turn it into rags. Don't worry about losing it, there are plenty more to be found across the map.
- Never eat rotten food. Just don't, you will get sick and early on in the game you won't have medicine to prevent getting ill.
- You can open canned items without a can opener, however you will lose some of the contents and they could be necessary for survival.
- Make sure you check every nook and cranny of a building, scan high and low, items are hidden very well.
- If you are desperately thirsty, get yourself straight to a water well, their should be one in every town, however you can check the map to make sure.
- Steer clear of zombies unless you actually have a useful weapon, that would be a wrench, or axe. Bats and knives are found to be completely useless when fighting zombies, unless your willing to run around in circles frantically swinging.
- A good way to take down players if you have no weapons is to knock them out with your fists by punching them in the head, then their weapon. Seen here -> http://youtu.be/ojOIVud3DtE
Good luck on your journey.
P.S. If you would like to team up in game, or need any help, just leave a comment.