The Ghillie Suit is the most sought after clothing in the game as it not only provides excellent camouflage, but also hides the survivor's backpack. While the ghillie suit provides great camouflage for the wilderness (which Chernarus is mostly comprised of), it can potentially be more obvious in urban areas.
- Female players cannot wear the ghillie suit due to a bug.
- Ghillie suits and Camo Clothing were removed in the 18.104.22.168 patch, but were re-added in 22.214.171.124.
- Putting on a Ghillie suit or Camo Clothing is known to glitch and change your backpack for a old one or an empty version of what you currently have. It is advised you remove your backpack before placing the suit on, this will place a bugged bag on your back which you will have to take off before you can pick up loot.
- Camouflage tends to work best when you aren't in motion, so it may be preferrable to use the Free Look key ("Alt" by default) to look around as this moves only your head leaving the body stationary and hidden.
- While the camouflage is decent even in good light, shadows can make the difference between being noticed and remaining undetected.
A white Ghillie suit can be found in recent versions of Namalsk.