The Bus in DayZ is a Hungarian made Ikarus 260, a common public transport vehicle in all post soviet eastern bloc countries.
It has 24 seats, making it the largest passenger capacity vehicle available. However, it is both slow and has a very large turning radius which makes it hard to maneuver in Chernarus' cramped streets where there are lots of obstacles. Additionally, it has a much smaller fuel tank compared to other large capacity vehicles.
Be aware that the glass areas on the bus are very big and offer no protection for the driver or the passengers which makes it a prime ambush target. It is also the largest vehicle in the game and it has a bright white and blue paint job which makes it hard to hide anywhere.
The bus can be found in many locations on the map but it mainly spawns at bus stations.
- To enter the gear storage on the bus you must sit in the drivers seat before climbing back (scrolling with your mouse and choose the option "sit in back") and hitting the inventory key (G is default).
- Another way to view the gear storage when sitting in the back is to go into your map (you don't actually have to have a map), select units and a gear option will appear near the center of the screen. This can be used without going into the driver's seat first.
- Always keep a couple of extra Jerry cans in the gear storage on the bus due to the small fuel tank.
- Do not drive into known hot spots and ambush locations on the map without sending a scout ahead first.
To fully repair a Bus, the following parts are required:
- 1 x Engine Parts
- 1 x Fueltank Parts
- 1 x Scrap Metal
- 6 x Car Wheel (4 is enough to get it running)
- 4 x Windscreen Glass